Senior+Goodbye

Senior Goodbye

With it coming down to my final days in school, you begin to think a lot about the future and what it has in store for you. You begin to realize that this daily routine you’ve followed ever so carefully is coming to an end after 13 years.

In one instance, this is a daunting and stressful experience. You begin to see all your friends go off to college or begin working, and you’re forced to say goodbye to those you’ve become so close with in school. Although this isn’t necessarily a goodbye forever, it’s still something that a lot of us aren’t ready for.  

Throughout my four years here at LaPorte High School, I’ve become very close with many people and it is going to be hard to say my final farewells in the coming days. Not only will it be hard to leave behind some of my greatest friends, but also some of the amazing teachers here that have supported me and just gave me an enjoyable high school experience.

There are 3 teachers that I would personally like to thank for making this one of the most memorable times of my life.

First off, I would like to thank Mrs. Cooper for everything that she’s done for me. She was my sophomore year English teacher and I was part of her creative writing class. Ever since these instances, she has been an amazing person to be around and just talk to. She’s always so energetic and makes sure that all of her students get involved and no one feels out of place.

Secondly, I would like to thank Mrs. Putt, my newspaper teacher for my Junior year. She is an all around amazing person as well. She was always there for me when I had a question or a problem and just made class exciting. Because of her, I made so many friends in newspaper. The students became more like a family, rather than just a group of people put in a room waiting for the bell to ring. We were always there for one another, and I can’t thank Mrs. Putt enough for that.  

Finally, I would like to thank Miss. Parker, my Senior year newspaper and journalism teacher. She is one of the most inspirational people I have met throughout my academic career. She took on newspaper this year not knowing what to expect, and ended up creating a successful website alongside the students in class. She kept pushing forward even when people kept telling her that taking the newspaper online was a terrible idea, and that this was all a huge mistake on her part. I thank you for doing what you did. We are now known as a distinguished website, the only one in Indiana. We have surpassed 50,000 page views and reached over 70 countries with our writing, something we could have never achieved otherwise. Without her fighting what people told her, this may have never been a possibility. So thank you for everything, and I know I’ll see great things from the newspaper in the coming years.

I’m proud to be leaving my final year of high school as an editor of such a successful newspaper. These are some of the best years of my life, something that I may never have the chance to experience again. With all that being said, thank you everyone for making these final years the best and I hope to see you all again.