Newspaper+biographies

Newspaper biographies

Meet Makayla Blinco, a senior second-year staff member. Makayla has twin brothers and one sister. She loves fashion and clothes, and when asked to describe herself, she would say she is crazy and funny. Makayla looks up to Melanie Martinez because of how true to herself she is and how great of an artist she is. Her favorite color is black, and her favorite food is pasta.

Meet Alyssa Foster, our only junior staff member. She has three sisters and one brother and has one pet dog. Alyssa enjoys bowling and would describe herself as competitive and determined. She is inspired by Carrie Underwood because of how humble and real she is. Alyssa is also part of the LPHS bowling team and Spell Bowl team and is also in German Club. Her favorite color is purple and her favorite foods to eat are chimichangas and cheeseburgers.

Meet Kirsta Greer, a new staff member. She is a senior and is the LPHS wrestling manager. Kirsta plans to go to college and pursue a career in the medical field. She has nine siblings, and she enjoys spending time with her family, as well as listening to music. Kirsta says she looks up to her older sister because of how well she did in school. Her favorite kind of food is Italian, and her favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.

Meet Keeley Higley, a senior staff member. She has two sisters and enjoys writing. Keeley plans to go to college to major in communications. She has been part of the Student Advisory Board for two years and 4-H for 10 years. Following her mother’s advice, Keeley tries to be inspired by actions and not people. She likes to eat salad and says that Panera is the best.

Meet McKenzie Jacobs, one of our senior staff members. McKenzie has one brother and four dogs. She has been in color guard for three years and has been in 4-H for eight years. McKenzie loves to sing, and she plays the guitar and the ukulele. She is strong in art and English classes and would describe herself as creative. McKenzie’s favorite food is chicken, and she enjoys eating at any restaurant that serves decent chicken strips and fries.

Meet Corrine Kelley, one of our sophomore staff members. She has two sisters and enjoys writing. She would describe herself as happy and says that her family inspires her because they push her to do her best. Corrine is unsure of what she wants to do after school, but she knows that she wants to help people. Her favorite food is french fries and her favorite restaurant is Bdubs.

Meet Jaden Millard, a sophomore. He has two siblings and loves to write. He looks up to his older sister and Kate Luce because they are such hard-working people. He is very interested in art, science, and math, and is in Art and Ecology Club. Jaden would describe himself as creative and intelligent. He eats a lot of fruits and vegetables and his favorite restaurant is Hokkiado.

Meet Sadie Padgett, a senior staff member. This is her first year as a staff member, but she has always wanted to study writing and journalism. Sadie has six brothers and her family races motocross. She plans to study journalism at LSSC. Sadie plays softball, writes, and she would describe herself as unique and gifted. Her favorite things to eat are pizza and spaghetti from Olive Garden.

Meet Taylor Pletcher. She is a senior staff member and has three sisters and one brother. Taylor has a twin sister, and also has ten year-old twin sisters. Taylor looks up to Justin Bieber because even though he makes mistakes, he does great things to make up for it. Taylor wants to go into criminal justice but is unsure of what specific job she would like. She would describe herself as hard-working and a perfectionist. Her favorite food to eat is pizza.

Meet Autumn Prast, our senior editor. She has one sister and finds English to be her easiest subject. She plans to study journalism at IUPUI after high school. Autumn is inspired by Malala Yousafzai because she is strong and always stands up for what she believes in. Autumn is also in German Club, and she likes all foods.

Meet Kenzy Rose. She is a senior staff member and has three siblings. Kenzy looks up to her mom and would describe herself as outgoing, blonde and determined. Kenzy’s favorite subject is English and after high school she plans to go to IU-Bloomington to study nursing. Kenzy’s favorite food are pickles, and her favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.

Meet Morgan Yeater. Morgan is Miss Parker’s assistant first trimester. She has one younger sister and is in photography club. Morgan recently started modeling, and she is also good at dancing. She plans to go to college and become a nurse practitioner. Morgan’s favorite food is spaghetti without meatballs, and her favorite restaurant is Mucho Mas.