Boosting for our old high

The LPHS Varsity Cheerleading team captains have high hopes for this season.

Skylar Rompa and Amanda McDonald, both varsity team captains, lead the team with spirit and experience in hopes of making this season the best it can be.

¨As a captain, I want to strive to be positive and approachable to my teammates,¨ McDonald said.

McDonald, senior, has been cheering for five years. She practices for about eight hours each week due to being on the school´s competition team as well. Between practicing and performing, McDonald sometimes finds balancing schoolwork and cheer stressful.

¨Even though cheer looks easy, there are a lot of hours put behind what we do in one minute and thirty seconds,¨ McDonald said.

As McDonald strives for this year to be great, she does not act alone. Rompa, senior, is also looking forward to a successful season.

¨Our main goal for this season is to come together as a team and get out into the community,” Rompa said.

Rompa is not only a LPHS cheerleader, but is also involved in the Pop Warner Cheer program. She has been cheering since she was six years old and has grown to love it more since then. This year, LPHS cheerleading has created a competition team for those wanting to take cheerleading to the next level. Rompa has taken her competitive side to the new team and has found greater goals to achieve.

¨This season, LPHS cheerleading has started a competition team that solely focuses on competing. Our biggest goal for the competition team is to attend the Indiana State Cheerleading Competition down at Lucas Oil Stadium. The cheerleaders are tirelessly working to improve both our skills and our reputation within the community,¨ Rompa said.

Both McDonald and Rompa are ready for a challenging season and are prepared to take on anything that may come their way. With their dedication and encouragement towards the team, there is no limit to what they can achieve.