Bruins aim for successful season

The Boston Middle School eighth grade volleyball team is ready for a successful season.

The (BMS) volleyball players are separated into two teams- the “A” team and the “B” team. Both teams consist of several players who are able to contribute to the team, each in different ways.

The BMS eighth grade volleyball coach, Coach Kulasa, is ready to see what her team can accomplish this season. Though she has coached for many years, no team of girls is ever the same as the last.

“They are working hard at practice. They are a great group of young ladies,” Kulasa said.

Their hard work is paying off as the Bruins have already won many of their matches. The team hopes to go continue to play well this season and looks to put in as much work as needed, and they plan to find enough motivation to make that happen.

“Watching the LaPorte High School team play, or just watching any high school team in general, motivates me and so does learning from my own mistakes,” Olivia Davis, BMS eighth grade volleyball player, said.

The team is full of dedicated girls who are willing to step outside of their comfort zones to learn and to try new things. With the season just beginning with weekly practices and matches, the team can only get better.

“Our goal is to keep improving each match on serving, hitting, and communication, and to keep improving their basic skills,” Kulasa said.

The girls intend to play the rest of the season as decently and as competitively as they have been, and they aim to have fun whether they win or lose.

“I’ve played volleyball for Boston for three years counting this year. It’s just a fun environment and is full of excitement,” Davis said.

As the girls prepare themselves for the rest of the season, they look to make their last year at BMS memorable and hope to finish strong, as many will go on to play for the LaPorte High School team next year.

For the team schedule, visit http://www.lpcsc.k12.in.us/boston/athletics/TeamSchedule.asp?TeamKey=23665.