Slicer Newsroom

Lovable Lebo

Lovable Lebo

Jaden Millard, Staff Writer

LPHS is full of incredible educators who live selfless lives, but Mrs. Lebo takes this to a whole different level. She consistently goes over and above for the students and staff of LPHS. She does not do it for attention. She just wants to be of service for fellow Slicers.

Lebo has taught art at LPHS since 1989. She is always enthusiastic about starting new projects in her classes and loves to help her students brave through the immense pressure the budding artists put on themselves. Her love for art and her students shines through every day.

“I have a true passion for the arts, and I wanted to spread that passion through teaching,” Lebo said.

Lebo has done so much for the Art Department at LPHS, including starting the AP 3D Art class. This course pushes students far past what they would expect in a normal art class, and student walk away with a college level portfolio. Lebo works with her students one-on-one so they can get essential help.

“Lebo is great at helping her students come up with ideas for their projects! She always knew what to do and what would help us get a good score in the class,” Alaura Shuble, junior, said.

Lebo’s kind and generous personality is why so many students at LPHS admire her. One of Lebo’s closest friends, Mrs. Rice, has been friends with her for a long time.

“Mrs. Lebo is that person who would do anything for you, whether you are a friend, of not a friend. She is a very humble person and she is definitely a person you should get to know. I am truly blessed to have Mrs. Lebo as my friend,” Rice said.

Every year Lebo tackles the challenge of leading National Honors Society, helping with Prom, sponsoring Art Club and the junior class, and even doing incredible activities with her classes outside of the classroom.

Outside of her busy life as an art teacher, her time is mainly spent in Hoosier Gym down in Bloomington. Lebo’s two daughters–Taylor and Bayli–both are IU Volleyball players, with Taylor just graduating in May of 2107. She travels all over the country watching her daughter’s play because for her, family is first.

“My family is one of my biggest inspirations. My daughters go up and beyond with everything they do so I try to do the same,” Lebo said.

Lebo is truly a strong person who can do anything she sets her mind to. LPHS is a better place thanks to her generosity, creativity, and inspiration.

About the Writer
Jaden Millard, Staff Writer

Meet Jaden Millard, a sophomore. He has two siblings and loves to write. He looks up to his older sister and Kate Luce because they are such hard-working...

• Lovable Lebo

Community

K-Kids, santa parade, and community

• Lovable Lebo

Academics

Sharing love through literature

• Lovable Lebo

Community

Deserving Children’s Event

• Lovable Lebo

Arts

Bringing the Pep

• Lovable Lebo

Community

Lions lending a helping hand

• Lovable Lebo

Community

LPCSC holds Business and Community Engagement event

• Lovable Lebo

Community

Turkey Trot

• Lovable Lebo

Community

Operation Christmas Child seeking donations

• Lovable Lebo

Academics

Farris’ forte: making music

• Lovable Lebo

Community

Slicer Champions inspire student success

Lovable Lebo