Saying goodbye to early graduates

Saying goodbye to early graduates

As the new trimester starts, many seniors are graduating early and are saying goodbye to their favorite teachers and friends instead of returning to class with their fellow seniors.

Early graduate Claudia Allen plans on getting a head start on some colleges classes online for Bible College and working. The change brought a mixture of emotions.

“I felt nervous and excited! Nervous, because I have had a set school schedule for the last 12 years of my life, and that was all about to change. Excited, because I knew this meant starting a new chapter in life,” Allen said.

Early graduate Lizzy Riffel is planning to attend Manchester University in the fall for next year and working to get things ready.

“If you want to graduate early next year, try your best to keep up on your work. You don’t want to be the kind of kid who has to beg teachers to raise your grades at the end of the trimester,” Riffel said.

If a junior is interested in graduating early next year, they need to make sure to have a plan in place. A student should not graduate early if they are planning to do nothing with their time. Have plans and stick to them. It will help students manage their time for college and life.

“For those who want to graduate early, it takes a lot. Not just good grade and attendance, but respect. Knowing what you want to do in life and accomplish is the greatest part of graduating early. You are capable of starting that next chapter that will determine how your life will turn out in the end because if you do not have a plan, it is not always the best. Those who know what you want to do, where to go, or how to live, go and do it! Get those good grade, have that respect the world is lacking nowadays, and prove you are able,” early graduate Sadie Padgett said.

Padgett plans on working and is not going to college right away. On her last day, she had a bittersweet feeling.

“I decided to graduate early because it would finally open that door to the biggest chapter of my life! The chapter I have worked 18 long and stressful years for! You never know what may come of it but the thought of beginning the rest of my life is something I’ve been waiting for since kindergarten, so I took my chance!” Padgett said.

Early graduate Haley Fairchild plans on attending IUSB and working full time till the start of college. She wanted to graduate early so she could work more in order to be more prepared for college and have money saved up.

“There were a lot of mixed emotions on my last day. I was sad to leave all of my friends, but at the same time I was excited to go out into the real world,” Fairchild said.
While it is bittersweet to say goodbye to the early graduates, LPHS is happy to see them grow as people and can not wait to see everyone back on June 3rd!