Shining Slicer: Bello excels at LPHS

Every year Exchange Club holds multiple lunches to honor senior students who excel academically and who have been nominated by a staff member.

For the month of February, senior Reid Bello represented LaPorte High School as the Slicer Student of the Month.

“I got to attend a lunch in and talk about what I do along with two other students from Michigan City High School and Marquette High School. I received a plaque and $50 going toward my college fund. It was a very nice experience and it was good to be recognized, knowing that hard work really does pay off,” Bello said.

Combining school and work hours can be stressful or exhausting at times, but Bello has no problem balancing her time. She finds herself to be super busy but enjoys the never ending days. Bello balances Show Choir, two part-time jobs, Bible Club, Girls Reserves, Mixed Chorale, and still finds time to read all of the books Barnes and Noble supplies.

“I don’t get stressed about how much I am involved in because I know how much I can take, and all of the activities and people I surround myself with make me happy,” Bello said.

Many staff members loved teaching Bello and seeing her shine academically each year, but even more, staff has watched her leadership skills grow.

“Reid is very kind, sweet, always attentive, gets involved, and a fun person. She supports everyone,” Mrs. Cooper, English teacher, said.

Bello will continue to accomplish more and more as time progresses. She plans to attend the University of Indy in the fall majoring in Journalism and minoring in Creative Writing.

“Being involved in so many things has opened me up to so many people that I wouldn’t have met otherwise, and consequently these people have changed my life and helped shape me into the person I am today,”

Bello is always putting her mind into something and making it happen. We wish her the best of luck on her journey ahead.