Show choir dazzles in “Madagascar”

The LPHS Show Choir introduced a new performance this past weekend with its rendition of the 2005 animated movie “Madagascar.” Performances were on both Friday, March 2nd and Sunday, March 4th and held at the Kesling Middle School Auditorium while the Performing Arts Center is under construction.

The show centers around four animals that live in Central Park Zoo and get stuck on the island of Madagascar.

“It [the show] is in really good shape, and I’ve seen some students come a long way with their songs and especially their characterization! I anticipated two stellar performances,” Mr. Coe, choir teacher, said.

The songs in the show include “It’s Showtime,” “Wild and Free,” “Best Friends,” “Relax Be Cool Chill Out,” “Welcome to Me,” “Living in Paradise,” “Together Forever,” and, “I Like to Move It.”

“Everyone’s’ favorite will probably be ‘I Like to Move It,’” Coe said.

The cast has been rehearsing for hours on end, and are more than proud to introduce and bring to life this new story.

“The entire cast does an amazing job with all of their characters making each and every scene enjoyable to watch and perform. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the Best Friend’s scene. Marty and Alex have a cute choreographed dance where they sing about always being there for each other,” Elisabeth Novak, junior, said.

Show choir definitely met all expectations with both performances. The show highlighted the kind of friendship that the students have with each other, and hopefully other choirs in the future will be able to put on the show as well as them.