Cakes for CASA

Boston Middle School’s Builder’s Club will be hosting a cake tasting on March 23rd at 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. to help La Porte Family Advocates Organization, also known as CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate).

The club wants to let the community know what amazing things CASA does and to raise awareness for the foundation/program.

“CASA is a program that speaks up for children who have been abused or neglected by empowering our community to volunteer as advocates for them in the court system.” Mrs. Welsh, club sponsor and 8th grade social studies teacher, said.

There will be cakes made from Al’s Bakery, Builders Club, Cake Lady Sweets, Cakes by Stacy, Designer Desserts, Fiddlehead, Kroger Bakery, the Morros Gals, Mrs. Ortiz, Mrs. Verma, and Uptown Cakery all available for tasting in the BMS cafeteria. They are all excited to be coming together to raise funds for CASA and help further their mission to keep children safe and protected.

Addison James, BMS 8th grader and Builder’s Club member, came up with this innovative idea with a little insight from Welsh. Soon after, Karen Biernacki, CASA’s director, spoke to Builder’s Club, educating the kids on what CASA was all about. Members of the club then spoke with nearby bakeries and almost every single one was on board to help.

To be honest our initial reason for being drawn to CASA was that the name sounded good with cake. After the continued research on the subject it was a perfect fit. Kids helping Kids while eating cake! What more could you ask for!” Welsh said.

Tickets for the event are $5 and can be purchased by contacting Welsh at ([email protected])

Anyone wanting to get involved with CASA can visit the website http://www.lpfamilyadvocates.com for more information, email [email protected], or call 219.324.3385.