LPHS Photo Contest

LPHS Photo Contest

Every school year around March, the LPHS Yearbook staff holds a photography contest that is open to all students at the high school.

The photo contest is a great way to show off otherwise unknown talents in a classroom setting in photography. The contest for 2018 kicked off on March 1st and will run through March 29th.

Photos can be submitted by tweeting them to Miss Parker @erin_d_parker, or by emailing them to [email protected]

The contest is judged by the whole yearbook class, but the student in charge of it is El Pe editor Jordyn Caviggiola. Contest winners will get their photos published in the school yearbook.

“We, as a class, just look for pictures that we think look nice. I’ve noticed that we tend to lean towards bright and fun photos. We also really like pictures of animals,” Caviggiola said.

Even though the contest is still running, a lot of students at LPHS have already sent photos in.

“Most of the photos I submitted were of nature and animals. I use my phone for some pictures, but I also use a small Canon Powershot. I submitted my pictures to the contest just to try something new, since I normally don’t show people besides my family and a few friends,” Jimena Torres, LPHS junior, said.

If a student is on the fence about sending in pictures to the photo contest, give it a shot because other photos besides the top three are chosen.

“Submit them! We would love to see any and all pictures. You don’t have to be an amazing photographer. If you like a picture that you took, then you should definitely send it in,” Caviggiola said.

With the LPHS photography contest ending soon, students should make sure to submit photos before the March 29th deadline.