Class of 2018 valedictorian and salutatorian

La Porte High School Announces Valedictorian and Salutatorian Candidates

Principal Ben Tonagel, of La Porte High School, is proud to announce the names of the valedictorian and salutatorian candidates from the Class of 2018.

Katerina Shuble is La Porte High School’s Valedictorian candidate for the Class of 2018. She is the daughter of Mike and Dana Shuble. Katerina plans to attend Bowling Green State University to major in Architecture and to minor in Engineering. She plans to participate in cross country and track while at Bowling Green State University.

Emily Wilmsen is LaPorte High School’s Salutatorian candidate for the Class of 2018. She is the daughter of Bill and Michelle Wilmsen. She plans to attend Purdue University to study engineering.

Candidates for valedictorian/salutatorian must meet Academic Honors requirements. Qualification points are awarded for honors courses, dual credit courses, AP courses, and total credits earned.

There were 25 finalists for the valedictorian and salutatorian designation from the Class of 2018. Each student maintained a 4.0 GPA and is ranked number one in the Class of 2018. The valedictorian and salutatorian will address their class at commencement on June 3, 2018, at Kiwanis Stadium.

Congratulations to these Slicers for their outstanding achievements at La Porte High School. Their academic achievements exemplify LPCSC’s mission of “Learn Today to Excel Tomorrow.” The Slicer community is proud of these students, and we wish them the very best as they graduate from LPHS.