Shuble named Class of 2018 Valedictorian

Kat Shuble was recently named Class of 2018’s Valedictorian, and it is no surprise after taking a peek at her schedule.

Shuble is more than qualified for the position, as she has taken rigorous courses such as AP World History, AP US History, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, AP Government, AP English, and AP Calculus. She has advice for those who also want to achieve this level of academic success.

“I would tell them to make sure that they are having fun with what they are doing. It is great to be academically successful, but if you are too stressed about life then it ruins the moment,” Shuble said.

Throughout her four years at La Porte High School, Shuble has also participated in a wide range of extra curricular activities. She has been on the Principal’s Advisory Board for the past two years, and has also been involved in Track, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Student Council, and Girl Reserves for her entire high school career, all while balancing her challenging academic schedule.

Because of this intense hard work and dedication, Shuble was given scholarships for both academics and athletics when she attends Bowling Green State University in the fall.

As for being Valedictorian, she is not nervous to take the stage on June 3rd. All of her tremendous motivation has led her to this moment, and she cannot wait to finally watch it all pay off.

“I am surprisingly not nervous about the speech. This by no means says I will not mess up, but I am going to enjoy the moment,” Shuble said.

While she, along with all of the other seniors, prepare to say goodbye to high school once and for all, Shuble will cherish her final weeks with just as much determination as when she started.