FFA holds first banquet

THe LPHS FFA held their first banquet to honor members and sponsors for their many achievements on Thursday, May 10th,.

The goal of the event was to honor the senior members and other members who had been involved in many career development events-such as livestock and soil judging-and gave out scholarships. Sponsors of the FFA, parents, and staff were also invited to this event. Around 75 people attended the banquet.

Two scholarships were given out during the event. Kaelyn Oman and Katie Parsons both received a scholarship towards their education after high school.  Parsons also received the Monsanto Award.

“It is presented an FFA member who not only are the top of their ag classes, but in their scholarly endeavors as well and that they try to educate others in agriculture and are influential inside and outside of the classroom,” Oman, vice president of FFA, said.

A relatively new program at LPHS, FFA has taken the school by storm. The club has increased each year in membership and in impact- for the students, school, and community.

“I really think it just opens the doors for a lot of people that have really have been interested in agriculture, but they don’t know how to get started. It has really influenced people that maybe don’t grow up on a farm and shown them the opportunities in agriculture. FFA is driving in community service as well as making agriculture more visible in the community and all the benefits in this organization,” Oman said.   

The LPHS FFA has had another successful year full of many accomplishments and improvements from previous years thanks to the hard work of all of its members. The club said goodbye to its current senior class, but there no doubt next year will surpass all expectations.