Beebe’s lasting impact

1,026 Views

Teachers are not the only ones who create a lasting impact on students; Mrs. Beebe, an Indian Trail assistant, has left her mark on countless students as well, though she is planning to retire at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.

It is said that all good things must come to an end; Beebe continues to hold truth in that statement. Beebe has worked at Indian Trail for 13 years. She began her time at Indian Trail through volunteering while her children attended school there. As she volunteered for many years, she realized how much she loved working with children and began her career as an assistant.

“I’ve always loved the people at Indian Trail, both as a parent and as an employee. I knew I would like to work here one day, and I was able to do that. The people are very welcoming and caring individuals. I’ve made many new friends, and I will miss seeing the kids as well,” Beebe said.

In addition to assisting at Indian Trail, Beebe was an assistant at Hudson Lake Elementary School in the New Prairie School Corporation for one year, 39 years ago.

“My favorite thing has been probably getting to know the different kids and seeing them from their kindergarten year through fifth grade. They have made me laugh many times. Their honesty is and always has been the most enjoyable part of working with kids,” Beebe said.

Many retirees find it hard to leave their job in education, and many students and coworkers often find it hard to say goodbye as well. With Beebe being such a kind-hearted and inspirational role model, she is sure to be missed.

While Beebe is going to miss the Indian Trail environment, she is excited for what retirement will bring her.

“My plans are to spend some time with family, travel, ride my bike, go kayaking, and do some volunteering,” Beebe said.

After many years of working with Indian Trail students, Beebe has undoubtedly brought joy to others and has affected the lives of many. As Beebe looks to end her career in education, LPCSC would like to wish her all the best.