Senior Goodbye: Autumn Prast

Senior Goodbye: Autumn Prast

I don’t think words could describe how badly I have wanted this part of my chapter to close. Now that it is about to, I have realized it is more about what I have experienced because of high school than that of itself, and I am grateful.

If I had been anything like I am at the beginning of freshman year, so much would be different. I mean, I’m still socially awkward and still procrastinate just like everyone else, but above all of that, I have become the person that my younger self always wanted to be. Don’t get me wrong, I still have a lot to learn, and I definitely don’t want to stay like this forever, but for right now, I’m okay. I have surrounded myself with the people I know are good for me, I have truly found the things that make me happy, and most of all, I have realized where I want my life to go in the future.

There have been so many people who have impacted me these last four years. In particular, Miss Parker. When I took her journalism class sophomore year, she suggested I be a part of the newspaper staff. Now I am the editor of newspaper, and I cannot imagine what my life would be like without it. It has opened up so many doors for me and is now what I will continue to do for the rest of my life.

I will be attending Indiana State University in the fall to study Communications with a focus on journalism and minor in creative writing. I am extremely excited to see where this experience takes me, and even more excited to finally walk across the stage on June 3rd.