2018 Slicer Newsroom staff

1,062 Views

Meet Aidan Ross, a sophomore staff member. He is an only child, and he has two dogs and one cat. Aidan would describe himself as witty and sporty. Some of his interests are sports and videogames, and his favorite subject in school is history. Aidan plans to graduate high school and continue his education at Indiana University as he looks to become a sports journalist.

Meet Alex Kring, one of our sophomore writers. He has one brother and three cats. Some of his interests are books, movies, comics, and video games. His favorite subject in school is language arts, and he would describe himself as eccentric and obsessive. Alex looks to finish high school and become an author in his future.

Meet Alli Glen, a sophomore staff writer. She has two sisters and one brother and is a part of the LPHS marching band. Alli would describe herself as hardworking and dedicated. Some of her interests are writing and spending time with family and friends. Her favorite classes are English and band, and she plans to graduate high school and continue her education at college.

Meet Alyssa Foster, our 2018-2019 editor. She has three sisters and one brother and has one pet dog. She is a part of the LPHS bowling team, Spell Bowl team, German Club, and National Honor Society. Alyssa would describe herself as outgoing and motivated. Her favorite classes are newspaper and physics, and she looks forward to studying journalism in college.

Meet Cedric McCoy, a senior staff writer. He has one younger sister and one cat, and his favorite classes are math and science. Cedric would describe himself as artistic and detailed. He is a part of the LPHS band and has been involved with theater throughout his four years of high school. Some of Cedric’s interests are cars, music, and Japanese culture, and he plans to complete school and become a music educator.

Meet Emily Conrad, one of our sophomore writers. She has two brothers and is involved with Poms and Tennis. Emily would describe herself as talkative, funny, and outgoing. Some of her interests include dancing, reading, and shopping. Her favorite subject in school is English, and she plans to follow her high school career by going to college.

Meet Mallory Warner, a junior staff writer. She has one younger brother and two Great Danes. Mallory is involved in track, FCA, FFA, 4-H, and GR. She would describe herself as caring and helpful, and her favorite subjects in school are history and English. Some of her interests are riding horses, fishing, spending time with friends, and kayaking. Mallory plans to graduate high school and hopes to go to college.

Meet Payton Neely, one of our junior writers. She has one brother and one sister, and she has one dog. Payton is involved in GR and Spanish club at LPHS. Her interests include writing, art, reading, and sports, and she would describe herself as hard working and compassionate. Payton’s favorite subjects in school are English and science, and she plans to go to college and pursue a degree to become a zoologist.