Welcoming Tuholski back to LPHS

Mrs. Tuholski, former La Porte High School 2009 graduate, is proudly representing the meaning behind the saying “Once a Slicer, Always a Slicer.”

After a long-term substituting position at Boston Middle School for half of the 2017-2018 year, she has decided to join the LPHS community once again as a Nutrition and Wellness teacher.

“I teach the intro and advanced Nutrition and Wellness classes. We learn about kitchen safety and procedures, how to have a healthy eating style, food and culture, and the importance of local food. We also have a lot of cool collaborations with the agriculture and science classes,” Tuholski said.

Tuholski is not just a teacher; she is also the girls’ cross-country and track coach, and she often helps out with FFA. She also runs a business, Tuholski Produce, with her husband, and she enjoys spending her time participating in outdoor activities.

“Outside of school, coaching, and running a business, I do not have much extra time! But when I do have free time, I love anything outdoorsy. I love to travel, camp, and hike. You might also find me out at Stone Lake kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. I enjoy biking and running too,” Tuholski said.

Tuholski is excited for what her teaching career at LPHS will bring. She is happy to be teaching a class that she is passionate about, and she hopes to help students find their own ways to be healthy in their decisions.

“I think this class is so cool and so needed. We live in a culture of convenience, and for a variety of reasons, most Americans do not eat enough fruits and vegetables. I am so excited that I have the opportunity to connect students with fresh, local foods and to help students understand where our food comes from and how it travels from farm to plate,” Tuholski said.

Whether it be through teaching or coaching, staff and students are happy to welcome Tuholski back into the LPHS community.