Processed with VSCO with m5 preset

Processed with VSCO with m5 preset

Processed with VSCO with m5 preset

91st National FFA Convention and Expo

Members of the LPHS FFA chapter ventured down to Indianapolis for the National FFA Conventions on Wednesday October 24-26. FFA is a youth organization

According to the FFA convention website, FFA members nationwide converge in one place to celebrate their accomplishments and find inspiration for their next steps. Motivational keynote speakers, an energetic concert, fulfilling workshops and a sweeping expo floor bustling with agricultural education and industry opportunities left students with memories for a lifetime.

Country music artist Garth Brooks performed on Wednesday night, and the rest of the trip was filled with educational tours and convention exploring. Other forms of entertainment included a rodeo and a hypnotist show.

Thursday morning the students had a full day at the Indianapolis Convention Center with a tour of diesel mechanic school, Lincoln Tech. The FFA Band and Choir provided musical relief along with a talent show.

Student workshops that were available to the members aimed to help develop premier leadership, personal growth, and career success.

“I think the convention is important because it opens another door and make you aware of all the job fields out there in agriculture. I was excited to see all the new products and also get information about potential colleges,” Jordan Hull, FFA secretary, said.

Teacher workshops provided teachers with new ideas and activities to integrate into their classrooms.

“I think it’s important for students to be involved in FFA because this club builds on a lot of different skills.  Not only do students walk away with real-life skills that they will continue to use, they build on their leadership skills, career readiness skills, as well as their public speaking abilities. This also allows them to connect with some of the other chapter in our area, South Central as well as the LaCrosse FFA chapters,” Ms. Furness, advisor said.

The 91st FFA National Convention & Expo was deemed as a success with a record of 69,944 attendees. The LPHS students returned home on Friday October 26 full of inspiration and ideas.