Wishing Warg a fantastic farewell

Wishing Warg a fantastic farewell

As all good things must come to an end, the LaPorte Community School Corporation is expecting a difficult “goodbye” on Wednesday, November 14th. Ramona Warg, administrative assistant in Human Resources, is planning to retire after 29 years in the corporation.

Warg has held her current position at the La Porte Educational Services Center for the past 25 years. Her job holds many responsibilities including taking care of personal recommendations, leaving requests for the board of approval, handling employee records, and helping with annual calendars.

Before her time at the ESC, Warg was a part-time assistant at Lincoln Elementary School for one year, a full-time assistant at Hailmann Elementary School for one year, and she worked in the Boston Middle School office for two years.

Warg’s position at the ESC has been a special one, and, according to Warg, it has been the best job.

“I think I have the best job in the corporation. I love the people I work with, and it is a very team-oriented environment here. It has just been a wonderful job. I could not have asked for better people to work with or a more rewarding career,” Warg said.

The people in the corporation and the people she works with may just be the reason she has stayed at the ESC for so long. She has created many close relationships with those she works with and has developed a love for her job which is everlasting.

“You can do a hard job as long as you have good people to work with. I have really appreciated the relationships and getting to know who these people are. They are dedicated, hard-working people and they are all very much open to helping each other,” Warg said.

As Warg looks to say goodbye to her career, she looks forward to spending time with her five grandchildren and exploring new things with her husband. While she is sure to be missed, she is wished the best by all of the corporation.