LPHS will be hosting staff vs student game

LPHS and Kesling student councils will be hosting a staff vs students basketball game in hopes of raising money for Riley Hospital on March 15th from 5:30-8 pm in the main gym.

The KMS staff and students will be playing a “JV” game that will have five minutes a quarter.

The middle school game will be followed by the LPHS staff and students playing in a “varsity” game that will have seven minute quarters.

Members of the LPHS girls’ basketball team will be taking on the staff team of Rachel Cooper, Erin Parker, Sonja Lancioni, Erica White, Brenda Cooper, Holly Wireman, Emma Stroemple, Shea Barden, Libbie Gilliland, and Amber Fisher.

Representing the men’s staff of LPHS are: Scott Upp, Louis Kuzdas, Dan Jeffers, Kevin Upp, Jeff DeMass, Rob Walker, Corbin Slater, Dave Sharpe, Kris Staats, and Chris Thomas.

All of these staff and students are looking forward to switching things up from the classroom to the court, but there could not be a team without the coaches. Señora Krause will be coaching the staff, and LPHS senior Kate Kazmierzak will be coaching the students.

“I’m looking forward to playing in front of a crowd again, playing with friends, and having a ball with some of my favorite teachers,” Lanti Biggers, student player, said.

Admission for attending the game will cost 5 dollars; however, people have the option to buy a shirt for 10 dollars, which will give them the ability to get into the game for free.

No matter the outcome of the game, LPHS is doing it for a good cause. All of the money will be given to Riley Children’s Hospital.

“People should attend this game because it is a good cause, the game will be fun for everyone to watch, and as students and staff, we should come and support our fellow student and staff members on the court!” Tiffany Lin, Student Council member, said.