Tobey says farewell to her “B” Hall home

After 20 years of calling “B” Hall home, Suzanne Tobey is saying goodbye to LPHS and hello to a new chapter in her life.

Tobey originally started off as a Law Enforcement major in college before switching to her teaching degree. After getting married and having children, her family needed a second income, and that is when Tobey made the decision to venture back to college for her degree in business.

At first, she had no clue what to pursue with this type of degree. Tobey was well versed in business, but nothing stood out to her; however, a college advisor Tobey had had suggested she go into teaching, and that led her to where she is now.

“I was very interested in business and often tutored my classmates in college, so one of my college counselors suggested I look into teaching business. I really enjoyed it and was so glad he suggested it,” Tobey said.

Even with retirement looming, Tobey will forever be a Slicer, which is special to her.

“To be a Slicer means being proud of our community, working hard to succeed,

and helping one another,” Tobey said.

Outside of her Prep for College and Career (PCC) class, she enjoys watching the Cubs and the Blackhawks, and proudly supports her two daughters who are successfully paving their way through life. Tobey was also a LEO Club co-sponsored helped keep book at Slicer softball games for many years.

As Tobey’s teaching days come to an end, she never fails to continue teaching valuable lessons inside and outside of the classroom. Her down-to-earth personality will forever hold a spot in the hearts of those around her. Slicers wish Tobey nothing but good luck for her future goals.