Bailey bids farewell

Bailey bids farewell

Emily Conrad, Staff Writer

Mr. Bailey, 6th-grade math teacher at Boston Middle school, will be ending his illustrious career in just a few days.

Bailey has taught for 41 years, and throughout that time, he has consistently been one of those special teachers who students still reflect fondly on years and decades later due to his humor and dedication.

Bailey began his career at Lincoln Elementary school, spending his five years as a Lion. He then moved to Boston Middle school where he started off teaching physical education. Bailey subtracted himself from physical education and found his home teaching sixth-grade math.

Bailey has known that he wanted to be a teacher since he was in sixth grade. His determination in his path for teaching shows from his 41-year career within the field. Boston just happened to be the perfect fit for him.  

“I enjoy the kids and wonderful people here at BMS,” Bailey said.

With over four decades working with students in the classroom and on the court, as Bailey was a beloved coach as well, there are many memories that are near and dear to his heart.

“There are too many favorite memories to pick one,” Bailey said.

Bailey’s personality, dedication to students and the school, and teaching style made his a student favorite. Decades of students have a Bailey story, and he will be hard to replace.

“Mr. Bailey was a great teacher, and he made math enjoyable,” Rylie Attar said.

Bailey will be leaving one of the most well-known duos in the corporation. He and Miss Kulasa have been co-teaching math for over 25 years. They are the epitome of a team, but Kulasa will be on her own next year.

The sixth-grade team will have some large shoes to fill, but Bailey can retire knowing he impacted countless students.