Cepeda closes career

Cepeda closes career

With the close of the 150th year of LPHS coming to a close, LPHS is losing many vital educators within our corporation.

Constance Cepeda, who has been teaching at LPHS for 11 years, is finishing her journey at LPHS after teaching for a total of 32 years in education.

After growing up in the LaPaz area and attending LaVille Jr/Sr High School, Ball State, and IUSB, Cepeda knew teaching was what she wanted to do. Coming from a family with four previous generations of teaching, teaching was in her blood.

¨Growing up, I was always the teacher with my brothers and sisters,¨ Cepeda said.

Cepeda’s first initial teaching job was at North Judson San Pierre High School for one year. Then transferred to Oregon-Davis for 20 years. Finally, the Slicer family welcomed Cepeda with open arms in the fall of 2008.

Cepeda would like to spend retirement with family, outdoors, and following her daughter, former LPHS teacher, who coaches girls´ basketball for Concord High School.

While her time at LPHS, Cepeda taught PCC, Preparation for College & Career, a very vital class for students preparing for life after high school.

“I found PCC very helpful and Mrs. Cepeda always went above and beyond for her students.,” Gillian Santana, senior said.

LPHS wishes a happy and healthy retirement and thanks her for her years of service. Once a Slicer, Always a Slicer.