Kelley finishes up final year strong

Kelley finishes up final year strong

Corrine Kelley, a Slicer standout since day one, is finishing up her final year at LPHS in a special way.

Some seniors end their high school career by taking the easy way out, but Kelley is not an average senior.

She thrives in school, taking many challenging classes. She is in AP Calculus, Spanish, Expository Writing, Natural Resources, and she is even in a program that allows her to take half days. 

The ICE program is available to high school students who are interested in on-the-job training. This program helps students gain experience in a job related to their career goal. Kelley has spent her year doing half days and participating in the adventure of the ICE program.

In addition to taking half days and all of the incredibly difficult classes, Kelley also has been a lead manager at Burger King for two years.

She carries on the leadership position to school, being named FFA president for the 2019-2020 school year. Kelley’s love for the program and desire to help it build a strong reputation around the community were driving factors in her choice to run for a leadership position.

“I love FFA and agriculture classes,” Kelley said.
As her final year of high school is shortly wrapping up, she has been deciding on what her after LPHS plans are.

“I want to either go to college at IUSB to become a dental hygienist or an actuary,” Kelley said. “If that doesn’t work out or I change my mind, I might join the military.”

At the end of the day, Kelley appreciates LPHS and all of the valuable lessons it has taught her. 

“The most valuable lesson I have learned throughout high school is that change is good,” Kelley said. “Taking new classes and trying new experiences is what high school is all about.”

No matter what Slicers decide to do after high school, they will always be a Slicer, and Kelley is a prime example of what it means to be one.