Slicer boys soccer season comes to a close

With a lot of work put into this season, the LPHS boys soccer season is now coming to a close.

The boys record is currently 4-9-1 overall, with a 2-4 DAC record. With only two games remaining against Mishawaka and Chesterton, the season will unfortunately end with a losing record. Despite this, the players still had fun and made memories that will last a lifetime. 

“I’m definitely going to miss being able to call my coaches and teammates family,” senior Diego Diaz-Lopez said.

The team started off slow, with an 0-4 record through their first four games. The Slicers did pick up the pace, with a record of 2-0-1 through their next three. The Slicers had a double-header where they had a dominant 9-0 win against South Bend Clay and a 2-2 tie with Logansport. Unfortunately, the rest of the year was not so kind to the Slicers, as they lost five of their next seven. Despite the struggles, LaPorte showed great play last Wednesday, defeating archrival Michigan City in a 3-0 shutout.

“I feel like we put in a lot of effort, but we just to have work harder next season and work on some technical stuff,” junior Aaron Feikes said.

Most players have next season to look forward to. They can improve on their game and help improve their play to become better players. For many of the seniors, though, it will be a bittersweet goodbye as they will be wearing the Slicer orange and black for the last time.

“I’m going to miss the players. I’ve been on a lot of teams, and there are definitely some personalities on this team,” senior Kaleb Cooper said. 

The Slicers will play their next game of the season on September 28th in LaPorte at 1:00 p.m. Their final game of the season will be on October 2nd in Chesterton at 5:00 p.m. Come out to support your LPHS boys soccer team.