LPHS Key Club

LPHS Key Club

Sophia Adkins, Staff Writer

LPHS Key Club 

Students at LPHS are making the community a better place, and Key Club is one group fighting to make a difference. 

Already this year, Key Club has organized a stuffed animal drive for LaPorte Hospital and will be joining in the Togetherhood Project, working together to clean up Clay Street. Recently, they are currently planning for a Fall Festival in October.

Currently, the club has planned several fun activities like, costume contest, haunted halls, hay rides, face painting, and many more activities. Fall festival will be hosted at the PAX center from 4:00-5:30, on October 25th.

“The group is as big as the dreams our club members have,” Holly Welsh, English teacher and co-sponsor, stated. 

In its second year, Key Club has gained a significant amount of members, almost five times as many as last year. Because they are more organized, this has caused the club members to create a new structure and set several new expectations. 

Key Club offers students of LPHS the chance to leave a positive impact in the community and others lives. The club joins together to help create and represent kindness around LaPorte through service. 

The club has set a goal to complete two service projects each month, minimum. Ultimately, the goal is to motivate and encourage students to take ownership in every project they accomplish.

“I am so excited to see these kids transform the culture of our school, town, and our world for the better. They are dreamers, and I love watching them bring to fruition, their dreams,” Welsh stated. 

If there are any questions about joining, students should contact or talk to Mrs. Cooper or Mrs. Welsh. Callouts are at the beginning of each year but club sponsors are open to anyone who desires to learn more about Key Club

“We want kids to know that their ideas are valid, that their dreams of achievable, and that we are in their corner, always,” club directors, Cooper and Welsh, stated.