LaRose returns to teaching

A new face at LPHS is making an impact early. 

Mrs. LaRose, a new LPHS English teacher, has always been a teacher at heart, even when she wasn’t in a classroom.

LaRose has been teaching for four and a half years. All of her teaching was done just around the corner in Chicago, Illinois at Our Lady of Sorrows and St. Stanislaus. 

She taught three years in Chicago until a friend offered her a job in the financial market. She was quick to jump on the opportunity, starting her first business job at Drexel Burnham Lambert. LaRose eventually moved companies and began working at Deutsche Bank.

I had not taken any business courses in college, so I felt this was a door opening into a field that I wouldn’t otherwise be able to experience,” LaRose said.

While spending many years in banking, LaRose was still dedicated to strengthening her teaching skills.

“When I made the decision to leave teaching, it was always my intention to come back to the profession,” LaRose said. “I spent longer than I ever anticipated in banking but during that time, I went to night school to get my Masters of Arts in Teaching Secondary English.”

In addition to taking night classes while pursuing banking, LaRose still tried to get into classrooms as much as she could. She was a substitute teacher in Stevensville, Michigan, and Chesterton, Indiana.

When LaRose made the decision to come back to teaching, she wanted to look for a school that would be around a half hour commute. LPHS fit perfect, and the opening made her mind up, so she became a Slicer once the department lost five teachers after the 2018-2019 school year.

Being a new teacher at LPHS, she only has positive things to feel about the strong Slicer environment that is contagious to anyone who enters the building.

“The teachers and administrators at LPHS are all really dedicated to their work and the students,” LaRose said. “The students are unique individuals filled with potential and promise.  Every school has a culture, and I really like the positive vibe at LPHS.”

LaRose is extremely proud to be back into the environment where she is able to help students become stronger individuals.

She believes that English is the foundation for the way students communicate, and she is overflowing with joy knowing that she is in the position to teach students everything she can to help them be successful in the future.

LPHS is thrilled LaRose decided to get back into teaching because it is making all the difference for many Slicers.