Creative Writing accepting student submissions

The LPHS Creative Writing class is once again collecting student submissions for the award winning Reflections magazine until March 27th.

The Creative Writing staff is looking for original writing and creative artwork. This could include short stories, poetry, prose, original artwork, and photography. Students can email their submissions to Brenda Cooper at [email protected] or bring them to room J.15. 

“I’d like to encourage any student who would like to enter his or her writing to please do it. We would love to read your writing,” Brenda Cooper, Creative Writing adviser, said.

This is a great chance for the talented Slicer writers who are not a part of a class and still want a way to showcase their creativity.

“It’s a wonderful chance for students to get their work published,” Cooper said. 

The process of putting the magazine together first begins with gaining as many entries from the student body as possible. From there on, the class begins evaluating each and every piece. When the writing has been selected, staff members will try to inform students that their piece will be published. 

Then the editors begin to prepare the layout of the magazine and assign pages to the staff members. Next, the pages are prepared, edited, finalized and sent to Hawkins to be professionally printed. Once printed, the magazines are available for $5.

The Creative Writing class is a one semester by-application class. Students spend the first half of the semester creating original pieces, and the last half is spent putting the magazine together.

It’s sure to be another incredible magazine filled with talented Slicers’ work.