Growing up is simple with Singleton

LPHS’ 2020/2021 school year is off to a great start! Despite the many challenges students and staff are learning to overcome, LPHS is still offering new classes. One of these extremely important classes is the brand new Adult Roles and Responsibilities taught by Mrs. Singleton in the business department.

Adult Roles and Responsibilities is a class designed to help students build knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors that will be necessary for growing up and graduating high school. The goal of this course is to prepare students to successfully take the next steps towards adulthood. 

Singleton teaches the class through projects and hands-on learning experiences.

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are able to take this class, and no prerequisites are required.

Throughout the course, Singleton covers a variety of topics including the study of interpersonal standards, lifespan roles and responsibilities, individual and family resource management, and financial responsibility. 

We will learn everything from how to tie a tie to how to build good credit and all the fun stuff in between. As often as time allows, we will also have ‘Good to Know Tuesday’ where we will get a little off topic and learn fun but random tips that relate to different aspects of adult life,” Singleton said.

This long-awaited class is important because it prepares students for the real world and helps them learn how to brighten their own futures.

“Students should take this class because it is a great way to learn valuable and practical lessons that will directly benefit the students in the next few years as they begin the next stage of their lives after high school,” Singleton said.

Students already taking this course are enjoying the lessons and the benefits of it extensively.

“I took this class because I heard it was a really good class for learning future tips I’ll need to know like insurance and credit scores. It will be really helpful considering I’m going into college and will be on my own very soon,” LPHS senior Lauren Pollock said.

No matter the hardships, Singleton is determined to make this class as interactive, exciting, and helpful as possible! When registering for classes for the 2021/2022 school year, be sure to consider this helpful course!