LPCSC hires communications director

Erin Meyer, new Communications Director for LaPorte Community School Corporation, has been added to the district team to streamline and enhance corporation communications.

Meyer has many roles and responsibilities. She assists the superintendent while overseeing internal and external communications. These include publications, website and social media management, market and advertising, and public relations. 

Meyer looks forward to assisting the LPCSC achieve its communications goals and help focus and spread all the amazing things that are going on within the school district. 

“I am honored to work alongside the high school students as they continue their outstanding work and management of the social media campaigns,” Meyer said.

Prior to being communications director, Meyer spent the last 12 years in a professional marketing role. Her most recent position was as creative director for a multi-state Midwest law firm. She wanted a change and saw an opening for LPCSC. Meyer applied and was quickly pulled in by LPCSC administration.

Working in LaPorte has been a perfect fit for Meyer. She has found herself right at home with the LPCSC team.

“Upon my arrival, I have been amazed at the work done within the school corporation by an administration and staff who truly care about their students,” Meyer said. 

In the future, Meyer plans to become an English teacher. Throughout her career in marketing, she found that outside of work she was constantly involved working with student athletes, along with teaching music classes to younger students. This led to her desire to head back into the classroom and continue working with young adults. 

For Meyer, 2020 was the turning point that pushed her to make such a big jump professionally.

“2020 brought about a perspective change for everyone, and I felt inspired to go for it,” Meyer said.

Meyer is currently in graduate school at Purdue University working towards her education license. She looks forward to graduating soon and moving into another new role. 

Outside of work, Meyer is a vocalist for the LaPorte County Symphony Orchestra and enjoys traveling with her husband and two kids. She also loves reading books, listening to music, and exercising in her free time. 

LaPorte is lucky to have such an amazing communications director, and Meyer is just as appreciative.  

“I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Slicer community,” Meyer said.