Harlow’s promising upcoming season

Ever since she was four years old, junior Peyton Harlow has been wowing crowds with her softball skills.

Harlow’s parents signed her up for a local friend’s team when she was only four years old, which allowed for her to grow up loving the sport and strengthening her abilities throughout the years.

“I guess I didn’t really have a choice, but I fell in love with the game, and that’s why I kept playing and still continue to play,” Harlow said.

Her hard work paid off when she entered LPHS as a freshman and was one of two freshmen to be invited to join the varsity team after tryouts.

Harlow primarily plays third and occasionally second base. For her travel team, she plays the position of shortstop.

Due to being a freshman, Harlow wasn’t able to play much during her first season, and her sophomore season was canceled due to COVID-19.

Since she couldn’t play during her last two seasons, this year will be her first season to show LPHS her talents.

Teammates are excited to see her performance on the field this season since it will be her first time to truly shine on the team.

“I’m excited to see her excel this season in a new position because she’s my throwing partner and one of my good friends on the team,” teammate Becca Marxman said.

Harlow is just as excited to perform for her team and for herself. 

“I am very excited to play with my friends and to just play in general. Since our season was canceled last year, I have been itching to play for the high school team again,” Harlow said.

Outside of softball, Harlow enjoys working out and spends much of her freetime lifting and running.

Academically, she has proudly maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout the entirety of her high school career. She is also excelling in several AP, duel credit, and honors courses.

The LPHS Girls Softball team is excited to watch Harlow perform and so is the rest of the school. Good luck, Peyton!