Once a Slicer always a Slicer: Ally Zila

It’s true when they say that high school flies by extremely fast. 

When I first came into LaPorte High School, the word terrified couldn’t even begin to describe what I thought the next four years would feel like. At the time, I didn’t know that these would be the best years of my life. With only a few months left before I leave to study nursing at Indiana Wesleyan University, I’m starting to remember what it was like being a freshman all over again. It will be hard leaving all my family, friends, and past teachers behind, but I know this is the start to a new beginning.

I wouldn’t be where I am today without all the tremendous support from family, friends, teammates, teachers, and Slicer Newsroom staff writers. Without the support of my fellow staff writers, I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish all that I have these last two years. Without my coaches and teammates being by my side, I would not have had such a tremendous senior season. To my family and friends, thank you for supporting my goals and pushing me to do my best inside and outside of the classroom. 

I will never forget getting dressed up for football games on Friday nights with my friends. Participating in band competitions and even concerts will always have a special place in my heart. I will miss getting ready for dances with my friends and all the countless hours we spent studying for tests. But as these events slowly become memories, I know I will always cherish them. 

As the days count down to finally becoming a Wildcat (no, not that Wildcat), I will never forget where it all began. I will take all the memories from high school with me to college, and from there I hope to make even more. When I turn in my last assignments and say my final goodbyes to LPHS, I am really saying hello to a brand new beginning.