Former LPCSC teacher branches out to real estate

One thing teachers at LPHS invoke in their students is the power of passion and following their dreams. Mrs. Holly Welsh, former English and social studies teacher at LPCSC, has done just that. After the 2020-2021 school year, Welsh decided to pursue a career change to real estate, something she found passion in after designing and building her own home. 

While still teaching full time, Welsh decided to embark on her real estate journey and took the first step when she sold her home and purchased property. She was excited and interested in the process, prompting her to attain her real estate license. 

“The whole process was very exciting, and I found myself wanting to know more about the details of it all,” Welsh said. 

Though she has only been in practice for a few months, Welsh has quickly found passion in her new career path. She loves helping people and has found that aiding people in finding their dream homes provides a sense of satisfaction and elation for her. 

“Helping someone find their dream home is almost love at first sight, and it brings me such joy to watch my clients fall in love right before my eyes,” Welsh said. 

Welsh has far reaching goals for her future in real estate that affect her business and her family. A short term goal for her is being able to take her family on a vacation from her own earnings. In the long term, Welsh hopes to work with her brokerage team and grow her business with integrity. These goals take motivation, which she finds in her husband and two children. 

“I’m motivated by my new business, husband, and kids. I want to have the ability to provide more than financial security, but to be present and at my best for them,” Welsh said. 

Since the industry can be complicated and confusing, Welsh offers advice to any new homeowners or those looking to build their own home. She recommends finding a trustworthy and personable real estate agent and not settling for a home that is less than ideal. 

“You don’t have to settle. There are homes that will check every box you may have, so be patient because you deserve your dream. It would be silly for me to not recommend getting a real estate agent, one you trust and enjoy the company of since it could take up to 30 home showings before finding the perfect home,” Welsh said. 

Welsh is a part of the Huber Galloway team with d’aprile properties. One aspect of working with this team that she loves is their participation in community events, which she believes keeps her heart for service in full bloom. Her free time is spent engaging in football activities, four wheeling, having bonfires, and going on vacations with her family. Her children and husband keep her busy and are her pride and joy. 

Though Welsh is loving her real estate venture, teaching will always have a special place in her heart. She loved the classroom, and it will forever impact her and her way of thinking. Welsh particularly misses teens and gaining their perspective on new things. 

“I miss my students more than I could ever describe. Working with teenagers brings you life everyday. It keeps you young and gives you purpose,” Welsh said. 

Though the corporation is sad to see Welsh go, her former colleagues and students wish her nothing but the best in her real estate endeavors and are confident in her abilities to help people find their perfect homes.