Senior Scholarship Night

LaPorte High School hosted a scholarship night and handed out community scholarships to many of the seniors on April 25th. 

From elementary school PTA scholarships to ones provided by the Kiwanis Club and LaPorte Professional Firefighters, there were many chances for seniors to get a head start on paying for their higher education. 

Danielle Lilly was one of the students awarded with scholarships. She received four of them: Future Teacher Scholarship from the LaPorte Educational Development Foundation, the Crichfield PTO scholarship, the Tri Kappa Scholarship, and also the LaPorte Service League Scholarship. After she graduates, she plans to study music education at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana. She’s appreciative for the scholarships and the opportunity they’ve given her. 

“It feels amazing. I mean, you work super hard for all four years of high school in the hopes that you’ll be able to pay for college, so the prospect of actually having that chance is awesome,” Lilly said. 

Another senior, Delaney Messer, received two local scholarships. She won the First Trust Credit Union and Girl Reserve scholarships. Messer plans on going into the carpenters union after high school and was excited to be a part of this special occasion. 

Many of the presenters of the scholarships were LaPorte High School teachers. They were glad to see the seniors’ hard work paid off. 

“It feels good to honor students for the last four years of work with a scholarship that helps a little with the next four years of work. I appreciate the symmetry,” James Wszolek, English teacher and scholarship presenter, said. 

The success of the Scholarship Night is amazing to see. The Class of 2022 will surely flourish in their future endeavors with the support of this financial aid. 

List of scholarship winners:

Lilly Alberts    Audrey Jeffers    Audriana Nunez    Halie Allen    Rachel Johnson  

Grant Ott-Large    Nathan Baima    Carter Jones    Wesley Owens    Lucas Banic

Aaron Kroening    Parker Peterson    Alexis Becker    Anna Kubik    Drew Pressler

Lillian Burke    Chase Lewis    Christopher Price    Isaac Chezem    Danielle Lilly

Cole Raymond    Evan Cizewski    Zoey Loucks    Amyr Redden    Farrah Coddington

Hayden Lowe    Kaitlyn Salisbury    Olivia Davis    Ahvanna Lower    Elizabeth Schable

Myrriam Dhoore    Lesley Marshall    Marley Schable    Ella Dubbs    Madyson McShane

Isabella Schreeg    Jacob Ellis    Tayler Menke    Nicholas Shuble     Ashlyn Fritzen

Delaney Messer    Rylee Stephany    Grant Godwin    Haleigh Miller    Aaliyah Sutherlin

Paula Gurband    Emma Mitschelen    Peyton Willoughby    Jenifer Guzman    Ella Moore

Colton Thode    Missy Guzman    Macy Mrozinski    Mason Tulacz     Callie Hekter

Conner Nix    Lauren West    Gabrielle Hull    Jayme Noll    Olivia Wright    Addison James

Spencer Noveroske    Gavin Zolvinski