Varda broadens communications at LPHS

Varda broadens communications at LPHS

Communication is the key to running a successful corporation, and LPCSC is no stranger to that. Mr. Varda, the Digital and Visual Communications teacher at LPHS, is a helpful and talented member of the team. 

After working in the film and television industry for over a while, Varda sought out a shift in his life. He decided to bide his time as a television consultant at the high school before eventually being hired as a teacher. 

“I had been in the film and television industry for over 25 years and felt like it was time for a change. I traveled a lot and wanted more time at home. LaPorte asked me to revive the television program that once existed at the school. I was hired as a consultant and then as a teacher,” Varda said. 

Before coming to teach at LPHS, Varda had a highly successful career in media production and visual communications. He worked with many successful actors such as Abe Vigoda, Art LaFleur, Sam Elliot, and Tyne Daly. He has also worked on productions for minor league baseball teams, ESPN, CBS, Comcast Sports, and NBC.

Varda enjoys many aspects of teaching, but he particularly appreciates when students improve and better themselves throughout the school year. Seeing this is a source of motivation for him. Varda also enjoys sharing his life experiences with students.

“My favorite thing is seeing the kids improve. When they make an effort and I see the wheels turning, I enjoy that the most. The progress and achievements of the students is the most rewarding part of teaching for me,” Varda said. 

To anyone hoping to pursue a career in education or communications, Varda offers a piece of advice. 

“Do what you love. Spend some time thinking about what you do when you get lost in time. When I’m making films or teaching students, I’m never looking at the clock. I get immersed in the work and love it,” Varda said. 

In his free time, Varda enjoys spending time with family, golfing, and riding his motorcycle. He also has a number one best selling book titled Tennis Gold published on Amazon.

Varda is proud to work at LaPorte High School and enjoys the interactions he has with staff and students alike. He feels appreciative of the fact that he works with other educators with the same goals as him.

“LaPorte has some incredible teachers I admire. I’ve always felt our job is to lift the students to a higher level. I’ve been blessed to have some of the best students ever at LaPorte. I’m proud of them,” Varda said.

LPHS is highly fortunate to have Mr. Varda as an instructor and is appreciative of his hard work and dedication to students.